Clinical Cardiac Arrest Center
The Cardiac Arrest Center at BIDMC represents a multidisciplinary collaboration with the primary focus of providing exceptional clinical care to patients after cardiac arrest, guided by the latest available science and best practices.
We provide 24/7 consultative support for Emergency Department and ICU teams caring for patients who have suffered a cardiac arrest, and provide recommendations for post-arrest interventions aimed at optimizing outcomes for these patients. Specific care includes:
• Targeted Temperature Management
• Continuous EEG monitoring
• General supportive critical care including optimized ventilator management
• Availability of cardiac catheterization and/or temporary mechanical cardiovascular support, as indicated
Patients receive evaluation and treatment from specialists from multiple disciplines, including Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Physical Therapy, and Social Work, among others.
The Cardiac Arrest Center at BIDMC supports efforts to educate health care professionals, as well as lay people, in the life-saving skills of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Specifically, team members:
• Teach ACLS to physicians and staff through the BIDMC Emergency Cardiac Care program
• Teach hands-only CPR and automated external defibrillator use to local schoolchildren
Need to transfer a post-arrest patient?
If you are a health care provider seeking to transfer a post-arrest patient for care at BIDMC, please contact the BIDMC Transfer Center at 617-754-2210, https://www.bidmc.org/centers-and-departments/transfer-center, or click the image on the right: