About Parth Patel
Parth first started working for the Center for Resuscitation Science as an intern when he went to Boston University graduating with a degree in Human Physiology. He then began working as a research assistant and eventually became the reasearch coordinator for the team. Parth has a background in IT and computer programming and even started up his own software company. Before he started nursing school at Northeastern University, Parth began to help the team out by pulling electronic data from the EMR systems at BIDMC. With SQL, he can pull all sorts of clinical data to automate studies, run queries for possible grants, and automate other research aspects. After graduating nursing school, Parth has begun working as a research nurse and data analyst for the team.
- Ilg A, Moskowitz A, Konanki V, Patel PV, Chase M, Grossestreuer AV, Donnino MW. Performance of the CURB-65 Score in Predicting Critical Care Interventions in Patients Admitted with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Ann Emerg Med. 2018 Aug; [Epub ahead of print].
- Fagerberg SK, Patel P, Andersen LW, Lui X, Donnino MW, Praetorius HA. Erythrocyte P2X1 receptor expression is correlated with change in haematocrit in patients admitted to the ICU with blood pathogen-positive sepsis. Crit Care. 2018 Aug; 22(1):181.
- Uber A, Grossestreuer AV, Ross CE, Patel PV, Trehan A, Donnino MW, Berg KM. Preliminary observations in systemic oxygen consumption during targeted temperature management after cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2018 Jun; 127:89-94.
- Uber AJ, Perman SM, Cocchi MN, Patel PV, Ganley SE, Portmann JM, Donnino MW, Grossestreuer AV. Increased Heat Generation in Postcardiac Arrest Patients During Targeted Temperature Management Is Associated With Better Outcomes. Crit Care Med. 2018 Jul; 46(7):1133-1138.
- Moskowitz A, Grossestreuer AV, Berg KM, Patel PV, Ganley S, Casasola Medrano M, Cocchi MN, Donnino MW; Center for Resuscitation Science. The association between tidal volume and neurological outcome following in-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2018 Mar; 124:106-111.
- Holmberg MJ, Moskowitz A, Patel PV, Grossestreuer AV, Uber A, Stankovic N, Andersen LW, Donnino MW. Thiamine in septic shock patients with alcohol use disorders: An observational pilot study. J Crit Care. 2018 Feb; 43:61-64.
- Moskowitz A, Omar Y, Chase M, Lockhandwala S, Chase M, Patel PV, Andersen LW, Cocchi MN, Donnino MW. Reasons for Death in Patients with Sepsis and Septic Shock. Journal of Critical Care. 2017 Apr;38:284-288.
- Moskowitz A, Andersen LW, Cocchi MN, Karlsson M, Patel PV, Donnino MW. Thiamine as a Renal Protective Agent in Septic Shock. A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled Trial. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017 May;14(5):737-741.
- Moskowitz A, Patel PV, Grossestreuer AV, Chase M, Shapiro NI, Berg K, Cocchi MN, Holmberg MJ, Donnino MW; Center for Resuscitation Science. Quick Sequential Organ Failure Assessment and Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Criteria as Predictors of Critical Care Intervention Among Patients With Suspected Infection. Crit Care Med. 2017 Nov;45(11):1813-1819.
- Berg KM, Grossestreuer AV, Uber A, Patel PV, Donnino MW. Intubation is not a marker for coma after in-hospital cardiac arrest: A retrospective study. Resuscitation. 2017 Oct; 119:18-20.
- Lokhandwala S, Andersen LW, Nair S, Patel P, Cocchi MN, Donnino MW. Absolute lactate value vs. relative reduction as a predictor of mortality in severe sepsis and septic shock. J Crit Care. 2017 Feb;37:179-184.
- Donnino MW, Andersen LW, Berg K, Chase M, Sherwin R, Smithline H, Carney E, Ngo L, Patel PV, Liu X, Cutlip D, Zimetbaum P, Cocchi MN. collaborating authors from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Center for Resuscitation Science Research Group. Corticosteroid therapy in refractory shock following cardiac arrest: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, trial. Crit Care. 2016 Apr;20:82.
- Donnino MW, Andersen LW, Berg KM, Chase M, Sherwin R, Smithline H, Carney E, Ngo L, Patel PV, Liu X, Cutlip D, Zimetbaum P, Cocchi MN; Collaborating Authors from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Center for Resuscitation Science Research Group. Corticosteroid therapy in refractory shock following cardiac arrest: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, trial. Crit Care. 2016 Apr;20:82.
- Liu X, Pervez H, Andersen LW, Uber AJ, Montissol S, Patel PV, Donnino MW. Microplate-based activity measurement of pyruvate dehydrogenase in human blood mononuclear cells. Bioanalysis. 2015;7(5):583-592.
- Liu X, Pervez H, Andersen LW, Uber A, Montissol M, Patel P, Donnino MW. Immunocapture and microplate-based activity measurement of pyruvate dehydrogenase in human blood mononuclear cells. Bioanalysis. 2015;7(5):583-592.