About Brandon Giberson
Dr. Brandon Giberson, D.O., is a former research coordinator for the Center for Resuscitation Science at BIDMC from the years of 2010- 2012. During his time at BIDMC, Brandon was involved in multiple projects in the areas of cardiac arrest, septic shock, medical education, and therapeutic hypothermia, leading to multiple co-author publications, abstracts, and poster presentations. Brandon, along with Dr. Michael Donnino and his twin brother Tyler Giberson, was awarded the American Heart Associations “Heart of Our Mission” award in 2013 for his contributions to the field of resuscitation science and his volunteer engagements with the AHA. Following leaving BIDMC, Brandon enrolled at the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in his home state of Maine, and was awarded a doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine in May of 2016. At commencement, Brandon was given his medical schools highest graduate level award, the Salter award, which is given to a distinguished graduate for their academic success and clinical excellence. He is currently a resident physician in Emergency Medicine at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Donnino MW, Andersen LW, Chase M, Berg K, Tidswell M, Giberson T, Wolfe R, Moskowitz A, Smithline H, Ngo L, Cocchi MN. Center for Resuscitation Science Research Group. Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Thiamine as a Metabolic Resuscitator in Septic Shock: A Pilot Study. Crit Care Med. 2016 Feb; 44(2):360-367.
- Giberson B, Uber AJ, Gaieski D, Miller J, Wira C, Berg K, Giberson TA, Cocchi MN, Abella BS, Donnino MW. When to stop CPR and when to perform rhythm analysis: Potential confusion among ACLS providers. J Intensive Care Med. 2016Sep;31(8):537-543.
- Donnino MW, Salciccioli JD, Howell MD, Cocchi MN, Giberson B, Berg K, Gautam S, Callaway CW. Time to administration of epinephrine and outcome after in-hospital cardiac arrest with non-shockable rhythms: retrospective analysis of large in-hospital data registry. BMJ. 2014 May;348:g3028.
- Cocchi MN, Boone MD, Giberson B, Giberson TA, Farrell E, Salciccioli JD, Talmor D, Williams D, Donnino MW. Fever after rewarming: Incidence of pyrexia in post-cardiac arrest patients who have undergone mild therapeutic hypothermia. J Intensive Care Med. 2014 Nov-Dec;29(6):365-369.
- Donnino MW, Salciccioli JD, Dejam A, Giberson T, Giberson B, Cristia C, Gautam S, Cocchi MN. APACHE II scoring to predict outcome in post-cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2013 May;84(5):651-656.
- Donnino MW, Rittenberger JC, Gaieski D, Cocchi MN, Giberson B, Peberdy MA, Abella BS, Bobrow BJ, Callaway C. The development and implementation of cardiac arrest centers. Resuscitation. 2011 Aug;82(2):974-8.